Don’t ever fear overcooking chicken for dinner—it will just get tenderer. This juicy dish is packed with rich flavours and topped with a satisfying almond crunch.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup almonds, crushed
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Bothwell Smoked Gouda, shredded
- Olive oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fry onions, butter and sugar at medium heat until caramelized. Mix breadcrumbs, almonds, salt, pepper and parsley together and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and set aside.
- Using a paring knife, cut a 1” horizontal slit at the thick end of the breast and slice down to create a pocket.
- Trim asparagus to fit into pocket and stuff with cheese and onions.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll breasts in eggs then coat in almond breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook stuffed breasts until golden on both sides.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes.