Bothwell 3 Cheese Blend is a triple threat when added to just about any recipe, especially if you want to liven up a simple cheese sauce.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups Bothwell shredded 3 Cheese Blend
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Worcestershire and optional wine then turn heat up to medium.
- Stir for 2 minutes then add milk.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Strain, then return to low heat.
- Gradually whisk in cheese, mixing until it is all melted.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.