Bothwell Three Cheese Blend is a triple threat when added to just about any recipe, or if you want to liven up a simple cheese sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups Bothwell shredded Three Cheese Blend
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add flour and cook for three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Worcestershire and wine (optional). Turn up heat to medium-high.
- Stir for two minutes then add milk.
- Let simmer for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Strain then return to low heat.
- Gradually whisk in cheese, mixing until it is all melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.