Customize these small Bothwell Cheese Truffles for any party, and no one will remember what a cheese ball is.
- 1 cup Bothwell Medium Cheddar, shredded
- 2 packages cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, drained and dried
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds, dried parsley, chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- Beat shredded cheese, cream cheese, cayenne and garlic powder with a mixer.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Add roasted red peppers to half, and green onions to other half.
- Stir both until well combined.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until chilled completely.
- Shape both mixtures into 1-inch balls, sprinkle on or roll in garnish. Serve with crackers.
- Makes approximately 24 truffles.