Real cream and fresh-chopped basil put a new spin on this cheese fondue. Dip chunks of brioche in this, and you might think you’re eating a cloud.
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup Bothwell Extra old White Cheddar, grated
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; add garlic and sauté for about one minute.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer, reduce the cream by a 1/3, and add the cheese an little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange small cubes of brioche and whole grape tomatoes on a platter, and place the fondue mixture in a fondue pot over a low flame to keep warm.
- Serve with skewers for dipping.