Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This exotic fondue has a mildly spicy flavour that pairs well with raw veggies and crusty bread. Trade secret: don’t throw away the golden crust left at the bottom of the fondue pot! It’s considered a delicacy, so peel it off and share it with your guests.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups Bothwell Madagascar Green Peppercorn, shredded
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add shallots and cook until soft.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add whipping cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cheese with cornstarch and add to saucepan, stirring constantly until melted.
- Do not boil! Season with salt then pour mixture into a fondue pot.
- Serve with a variety of seasonal vegetables and chunks of crusty bread.