Don’t let the word “Breakfast” fool you—this dish can be the centerpiece of any meal. If you’re busy, assemble it ahead of time and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
- 6 slices white and/or whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup Bothwell Medium Cheddar, shredded
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease an 8" x 10" baking pan.
- Butter bread and cut into cubes.
- Alternate layers of bread cubes and cheese in baking pan.
- Combine other ingredients and pour over bread.
- Let stand for at least 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown.