Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
It’s time to dance to a spicy twist on this classic burger, with Cajun seasoning + Jalapeño Monterey Jack.
- 2lbs Ground turkey
- 3 Roasted garlic cloves, mashed into a paste
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 Red onion slices
- 4 Crusty buns
- 8 Bothwell Jalapeño Monterey Jack Slices
- 4 Tomato slices
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Mix Cajun seasoning ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix ground turkey and roasted garlic.
- Form mixture into patties approx. 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Sprinkle patties with Cajun seasoning.
- Place onions on the grill and toast 1 min/side.
- Grill the turkey patties, approx. 5 min/side.
- Place patties on buns and top with 2 slices of cheese, tomato and grilled red onion.