Recipe Creator: Chef Jason Wortzman
What’s not to love about pear and smoked Gouda? Put them on top of baguette crostini and your guests will talk about these for weeks.
- 2 medium ripe pears
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups Bothwell Smoked Gouda, shredded
- 1 baguette, sliced thin
- Pinch black pepper
- Chopped chives or parsley (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel pear, cut in half, remove stem and core.
- Place pear halves cut side down on a greased baking sheet and coat generously with sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes then turn over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and then slice thinly.
- Cut baguette into 18 1½” squares and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Top each piece with a tablespoon of shredded cheese and then a slice of pear.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Season with pepper; sprinkle with parsley or chives. Serve warm.