What’s another name for chicken fingers? Cheesy chicken crunchers! Our take on this popular snack is baked, not fried, so it’s healthier than its deep-fried cousin.
- 1 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Bothwell Mild Cheddar, shredded
- 6 chicken breast filets cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Set up three bowls with the following: 1) flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper; 2) an egg wash; made by beating the eggs and milk together; 3) panko bread crumbs mixed with cheese.
- Coat a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with olive oil.
- Dip chicken pieces in the seasoned flour, then into the egg wash.
- Then roll them in the cheesy panko mixture, coating the entire piece of chicken and placing it on the baking pan.
- Discard any unused panko mixture after coating chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning.