Why not try something different for your next homemade pizza night? Swap the tomato sauce for this decadent white cheese sauce. With a creamy texture and peppery profile, it's sure to be a welcome change. You can even try substituting one of our other flavoured varieties, such as Jalapeño Monterey Jack, Black Truffle or Red Hot Chili Pepper!
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Oregano, dried
- 1 cup Bothwell Madagascar Green Peppercorn, shredded
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat and sauté garlic.
- Add flour, stir until thoroughly mixed and a dough-like mixture forms.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- When mixture starts to simmer, remove from heat and whisk in cheese.NOTE: Sauce will thicken upon standing.