Sour cream, eggs, fresh thyme and plum tomatoes… your friends and family will feel like they’re on the farm when you serve them this fresh omelette.
- 8-10 eggs, large
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces Bothwell Monterey Jack, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a 12 inch ovenproof skillet and sauteé spinach until slightly wilted. Allow to cool.
- Using an electric beater, mix first 7 ingredients at medium speed until well blended.
- Heat remaining butter in the same skillet until just melted; add egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with tomatoes, cheese, and basil.
- Return to oven, and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes or until set.