Sour cream, eggs, fresh thyme and plum tomatoes… your friends and family will feel like they’re on the farm when you serve them this fresh omelette.
- 8-10 Large eggs
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 Plum tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces Bothwell Jalapeño Muenster, grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a 12 inch ovenproof skillet and sauteé spinach until slightly wilted. Allow to cool.
- Using an electric beater, mix eggs, sour cream, fresh thyme, cooled wilted spinach, salt, pepper and baking powder at medium speed until well blended.
- Over medium heat, melt remaining butter in the same skillet; add egg mixture.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with tomatoes, cheese, and basil.
- Return to oven, and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes or until set.