Make this easy-crust pizza any time of year, but especially when you can access fresh vegetables from your personal garden or local farmer’s market.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2¾ cups fresh vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, red onion and spinach leaves), sliced
- 4 pita flatbread rounds
- 1/3 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1 cup Bothwell Gouda, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Coat vegetables in non-stick cooking spray; reserve.
- Spread marinara sauce over flatbread rounds.
- Top equally with ½ cup cheese and reserved vegetables.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.