Recipe Creator: Chef Rob Thomas
Change up your grilling game with our exotic grilled pizza. Classic tomato sauce is swapped for a cheesy white sauce and homemade dough takes things to a whole new level.
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 cup Bothwell Madagascar Green Peppercorn, shredded
- 1 2/3 Cup Water, room temperature
- 2 tsp Instant yeast
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 5 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Salt
Toppings & Garnish
- ½ Red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Steaks or chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, cooked and sliced
- 2 cups Arugula
- 4 Lemon wedges
- Drizzle Olive oil
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat and sauté garlic.
- Add flour, stir until thoroughly mixed and a dough-like mixture forms. Cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Slowly whisk in milk. When mixture starts to simmer, remove from heat and whisk in cheese. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
- Mix water and yeast together using stand mixer or large bowl. Let stand for 4-5 minutes. Add olive oil, flour, oregano and salt. Mix until dough is shaggy and floury.
- Knead for 5 to 7 minutes using a dough hook on low speed, or by hand for 8 minutes, until the dough forms a ball (smooth to the touch).
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces, coat in olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Let rise at room temperature for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Pull and stretch dough balls into rounds. Use a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface to form crust. Grill one shaped pizza dough at a time, until the bottom is lightly cooked, about 3 -4 minutes.
- Flip crust over using tongs and set heat to medium-low. Spread on sauce and arrange toppings.
- Close grill and cook until warmed through. Using tongs, slide pizza onto a cutting board. Before serving, garnish with arugula, lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.