A quick and easy snack for the kids, for friends over to watch a game, or for unexpected visitors. Make them ahead and store in your freezer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease mini muffin tin(s).
- Fry onions and mushrooms in a small amount of oil until mushrooms are cooked and onion is translucent (approx. 6 min).
- Add thawed/drained spinach and cook for an additional minute. Set aside to cool.
- Crush crackers in a plastic sandwich bag using a rolling pin or by hand. Pour into large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and combine.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin pan and bake for 20-30 minutes, until tops are golden.
Replace frozen spinach with 2 cups of fresh chopped ham. For quiches with a kick, omit the Medium Cheddar and use 3 cups of Bothwell Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper. Experiment with different Bothwell cheese varieties for different flavour options!