You’ve heard of pork chops and apple sauce? This salad combines ham with apple and Old Cheddar to make a savoury salad with a hint of sweet.
- 2 Gala apples, cored and sliced
- ¼ lb ham cut into thin 1 1/2" strips
- 3 heads heart of romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup Bothwell Old Cheddar
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Hellmann’s Creamy Honey Dijon Dressing
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- Toss the apple slices, ham, lettuce, cheese and onion with the dressing, and place in a large salad dish or 6 individual dishes.
- Garnish with raisins and cashews.