Recipe Creator: Chef Natascha West-Massey
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Grands
- 2 (227g) container whipped cream cheese
- 1 red pepper, thinly diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 375g package bacon
- 1 (250g) jar sliced jalapeños, minced
- ½ cup Bothwell Muenster cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Bothwell Mild Cheddar, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and place slices of bacon side by side but not overlapping. Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- While bacon is cooking cut green onions, red pepper, jalapenos. Shred both cheeses. Once bacon is finished cooking, pull from oven and allow to cool on a plate with paper towel to soak up any excess grease.
- Open Pillsbury Crescent Rolls packaging, unroll them and cut (along center dotted line) to create four rectangles. Press diagonal-dotted lines together.
- Using a butter knife spread a generous layer of the whipped cream cheese on each rectangle of Pillsbury dough. Chop up bacon into bits and sprinkle on the cream cheese layer of each piece. On each of the rectangles sprinkle a ¼ of the amounts of green onions, red peppers and jalapenos. Sprinkle 1/8 cup each of mild cheddar and muenster cheese on each rectangle.
- Roll rectangles into a long log, press the end edge of the roll to create a seal. Cut each log into 6-7 pieces.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and place all the cut pieces on the sheet with the cut sides up, approximately one inch apart.
- Reduce oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake for 10 minutes with one cookie sheet on the top rack and one on the bottom. Rotate the sheets and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until a deep golden colour is achieved. Serve warm.