For a delicious blend of smokiness and nuttiness, whip up this quick and easy pesto bruchetta for on-the-spot entertaining or family snacking.
- 1 Sourdough baguette, sliced
- 6 Shallots, diced
- 1 ½ cups Bothwell Smoked Gouda, shredded
KALE & HEMP PESTO
- Mince garlic in a food processor.
- Add the kale, hemp seeds, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Turn on the food processor and drizzle in the oil. Process until the pesto reaches desired consistency, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add more lemon, salt or pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the Parmesan.
- Spread pesto on each slice of baguette.
- Sprinkle with diced shallots, and top with shredded Smoked Gouda.
- Place under broiler for 2-4 minutes. Serve immediately.