Broccoli and cheddar aren’t just for soups, they also make a great layered salad—with cranberries or raisins and nuts thrown in for good measure.
- 6 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups Bothwell Medium Cheddar, shredded
- 2/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries or raisins
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsalted, dry roasted sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp bacon pieces, crumbled
- In a large glass serving bowl, layer the broccoli, onion and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Drizzle the yogurt dressing over the layered salad.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Toss just before serving and sprinkle with sunflower seeds and bacon.