Look like an entertaining pro with this light and tasty appetizer – a perfect addition to a summer gathering. Recipe by: Trina Gallop Blank – http://www.willcookforshoes.ca/cheese-please/.
- 1 block of Bothwell mozzarella, cubed (bite sized)
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- ½ cup of good quality olive oil
- ½ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped small
- 1 green onion, chopped small
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl (with a lid) add lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar and sugar.
- Whisk together. Add red peppers and onions, as well as cheese. Toss to coat all of the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least two hours (or longer).
- Remove the cheese pieces from the marinade and arranging them on a cheese plate, then drizzle with the marinade.