Recipe Creator: Chef Rob Thomas
The textures and flavours of this appetizer are pure perfection - descriptive words include, but are not limited to: crispy, creamy, smoky, salty, creamy, spicy and addictive. You can serve them as a simple appetizer or add interest to a cheese board by serving them alongside the usual suspects.
- 8 oz Bothwell smoked parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
Goat Cheese Mouse
- 6 oz Goat cheese, softened
¼ cup Whipping cream
- ¼ cup Hot pepper jelly
- 2Tbsp Fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° degrees F.
- Place a mounded tablespoon of grated Parmesan onto a non-stick cookie sheet or Silpat baking mat; pat gently into a 2-inch circle, repeat, leaving 2 inches between each circle.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbly and lightly golden. Watch closely, so they don’t burn.
- Cool approximately 1 minute. Remove with a spatula and gently drape over an upside-down small muffin tin cups.
Goat Cheese Mousse:
- Blend whipping cream and goat cheese together until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the mousse into the Parmesan baskets or use a pastry bag to pipe it into the nests.
- Top with a ½ tsp of red pepper jelly and top with fresh chives.