Recipe Creator: Roger Wilton, Executive Chef of MTS Centre
Pink Floyd front man Roger Waters enjoyed this smooth, rich soup before he hit the stage in Winnipeg on June 27, 2007. Soup with star power!
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Bothwell Smoked Gouda, shredded
- ½ cup 35% cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes evenly in a roasting pan.
- Roast in oven and turn every ten minutes until they are deep brown.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the remaining olive oil and onions.
- When onions are golden, add garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and enough stock to cover the potatoes.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Cool.
- Puree until smooth and add more stock if consistency is too thick.
- Place soup over medium low heat and simmer.
- Whisk in Smoked Gouda until melted, then whisk in the cream and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.