On the count of three… one (Old Cheddar), two (Mozzarella), three (cream cheese)… go! Voilá, the best mashed potatoes in your neighbourhood.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Add to a large pot of boiling water. Cook the potatoes on medium heat for approximately 20 minutes or until you can easily pierce them with a fork. Drain cooked potatoes in a colander.
- Meanwhile, chop bacon into small pieces. Cook bacon until crispy. Place bacon on paper towels to remove some of the fat.
- Mash the potatoes in a big bowl until fluffy. Add the cream cheese, butter, sour cream, half the cheddar, half the mozzarella and mix well.
- Add half of the chives and bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir everything together and transfer to a buttered baking dish. Top with remaining cheese, bacon and chives.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Serve immediately.