Recipe Creator: Trina Gallop Blank, Will Cook For Shoes
It’s hard to say no to a savoury truffle… especially when it’s made with aged cheddar and bacon and then rolled in toasted pecans.
- 1 cup of Bothwell Old Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped small
- 2 tsp of parsley
- 1 green onion, chopped small
- 2 Tbsp of mayo
- 1/2 cup of toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add the cheese, cooked bacon, parsley, green onion, and mayo. Mix well until completely combined. Feel free to get your hands in there and knead the mixture together so it holds together well.
- Roll the mixture into little balls.
- Toast the pecans in the oven for 5-8 minutes—until you can just smell them. Don’t wait till they start to brown or they might overcook.
- Roll your cheese truffles into the cooled and chopped pecans. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up.