Aged White Cheddar, Ham & Apple Salad
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This salad has it all! Complementing tastes of sweet, salty, and savoury will hit your taste buds in all the right places.
- 250 g block of Bothwell Lactose Free Old Cheddar or Lactose Free 18 Month Old Cheddar, grated
- ¼ lb cooked honey ham cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 romaine hearts (centre leaves) roughly chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 small gala apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp apple sider vinegar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
For dressing: In small bowl whisk maple syrup, Dijon mustard, vinegars and oil. Season with salt and pepper. The dressing can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored in an air-tight container.
For salad: In a large bowl, combine cheese, ham, lettuce, red onion and apple slices. Add maple dressing and toss well. Sprinkle with raisins and cashews. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Can be made several hours before serving.