Apple & Cheddar Flower Puff Pastries
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
These beautiful sweet and savoury Apple & Cheddar Flower Puff Pastries made with our Lactose Free 18-Month Old Cheddar are perfect for Mother's Day or weekend brunch. It's easier to make than it looks and only requires 6 ingredients!
- 2 apples, cored and ⅛” sliced
- 2.5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2.5 tbsp. brown sugar
- 100g Bothwell Lactose-Free 18 Month Old Cheddar, grated
- 2 sheets of puff pastry, rolled into 10”x 10” square
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare two sheet pans by lining with parchment paper and
- In a small/medium saucepan combine sliced apples, lemon juice, cinnamon and brown
sugar and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- While apples are marinating cut each puff pastry sheet into 5 strips (2” each).
- On low/medium heat, heat the apple mixture for about 5 minutes to soften the apples, but
do not fully cook them.
- Divide the cheese equally on the 10 strips of puff pastry by sprinkling it lengthwise on
the top ½ of the pastry.
- Layer the apples on the same side of the pastry with the cheese so they are about ½ way
on the pastry and the skin side is outside of the pastry. Overlap the apple slices and
continue till the length of the pastry is covered (about 8-10 apples).
- Fold the bare pastry over the top of the cheese and apples so the bottom of the apple
slices are between the pastry layers.
- Roll the puff pastry and apples creating a rosette, tucking the end of the pastry under the
now rolled rosette, to prevent it from coming apart while baking. Place rosettes on the
prepared baking sheets.
- Bake rosettes for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!