Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Slits are made in pork tenderloin and loaded with smoked Gouda cheese and crisp apples, then roasted with honey mustard glazed potatoes and carrots for a delicious sheet pan dinner that no one will believe took less than an hour to make!
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp salt, divided
- 1 tbsp pepper, divided
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb baby yellow-fleshed potatoes, halved
- 2 lb carrots, peeled, halved and cut into chunks
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 12 oz each)
- 1 apple, quartered, cored and sliced
- 4 oz Bothwell Smoked Gouda Cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 oz Bothwell Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil; coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, 1 tsp each salt and pepper, thyme and garlic. Divide into four portions.
- Toss potatoes and carrots with one portion of the oil mixture; season with 1 tsp salt and pepper. Scatter in even layer onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut slits into each tenderloin, about 1 inch apart and three-quarters of the way through, leaving the bottom intact (should resemble an accordion). Place side by side on remaining prepared baking sheet.
- Insert slice of apple and cheese into each slit. Season tenderloins with remaining salt and pepper. Brush top of each tenderloin with another portion of the remaining oil mixture. Toss potatoes and carrots; return to oven along with pork (place pork on lower rack). Bake for 15 minutes.
- Topping: Brush another portion of the remaining oil mixture over pork. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and walnuts. Bake for about 10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 160F when inserted into center of pork and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Slice pork and serve with roasted vegetables. Drizzle remaining oil mixture over each serving.