This hearty vegetarian sandwich features Horseradish Cheddar, our fermented friend sauerkraut and healthy fats from avocado. A nutritious and delicious power-house!
- 4 slices ancient grain bread (or bread of choice)
- 1 Tbsp. Grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Sauerkraut
- 1 Ripe avocado, mashed
- 4 Bothwell Horseradish Cheddar slices (or 1/4 cup grated)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, softened
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1) Mix the mustard and mayonnaise. Spread half the mixture on one slice of bread and top with ¼ cup grated Horseradish Cheddar and ¼ cup sauerkraut.
2) Spread half the mashed avocado on the other slice of bread and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
3) Assemble the sandwich by placing the avocado slice of bread on top of the sauerkraut slice.
4) Spread butter on both sides of the sandwich.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 to assemble the second sandwich.
6) In a frying pan over medium heat, grill the sandwiches until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.
7) Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.