Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
These spicy jalapeño chicken bites wrapped in crispy bacon slices make for an easy appetizer with only 10 minutes of cook time. Serve with a fresh and creamy dip made with our Spicy Dill Pickle cheese and enjoy.
- 3 small chicken breasts, cut into 4 chunks
- 12 slices of bacon
- 12 pieces of fresh jalapeños
- 12 toothpicks Oil for frying
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. fresh jalapeno, finely diced
- ¼ cup Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, grated
- ½ tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oil for frying to 350° F.
- Lay out a piece of bacon, and on one end, add 1 piece of chicken and 1 slice of jalapeno. Roll the bacon up, encasing the chicken and jalapeno and secure it with a toothpick.
- Continue step 2 until all bites are together. Then, working with a few at a time, add them to the hot oil and cook until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel-lined tray to collect access oil. Serve hot and with cheese dip.
Spicy Dill Cheese Dip
- Combine all ingredients apart from the cheese in a small-medium bowl and stir to combine. Once all combined, add cheese and incorporate it well.