This dish’s flavour is even more impressive than the ability to say “penne pasta primavera”. Choose the spicy sausage for extra zing.
- 2 cups dried penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ cups Italian mild or spicy sausage, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups Italian tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Bothwell Mozzarella Shredded Cheese Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- At the same time, heat a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan to medium high and cook sausage, onion, peppers, zucchini and garlic until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, add tomato sauce and then stir in pasta.
- Mix in 1 cup of shredded cheese and pour into a greased 10” x 12” baking dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.