Recipe Creator: Chef D
There's nothing better than fresh, cheesy bagels! Chef D uses our flavourful Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar for these easy, homemade bagels.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. dry yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ cup dark beer
- 1 cup Non-GMO Project Verified Sunny Dog Barkin' Herbs & Garlic Cheddar, shredded
- Add sugar to water in a mixing bowl, followed by yeast. Once yeast is bloomed (5 minutes), mix in beer, salt, flour, and cheese.
- Attach dough hook to mixer. Mix dough until tacky.
- Take dough hook out and cover for 1 hour. Punch dough down and make dough into 6 -8 ball size dough. While rolling the dough balls place your thumb in the middle of the ball, to make a hole. Place the round dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in large pot of boiling water, once the dough rises back to the top about 90 seconds. Remove and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a preheated 400 degree oven bake bagels for 15-17 minutes until golden brown.