BBQ Chicken Habanero Flatbread
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
This grilled springtime entrée comes together in a snap – perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or weekend entertaining!
3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
2 prepared flatbreads
1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared smoky barbecue sauce
2 cups (500 mL) shredded Bothwell Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper Monterey Jack, divided
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced roasted red peppers
1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil over medium heat. Add butter; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted.
- Add red onion and brown sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Brush both sides of flatbread with remaining oil; grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly marked.
- Spread barbecue sauce evenly over one side of each flatbread. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, onion mixture, chicken and red peppers.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Return to grill and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and flatbreads are crisp and grill-marked.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.