Recipe Creator: y
If you want some fire in your belly, try these beefy burritos with black beans and Red Hot Chili Pepper Cheese.
- ½ lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 6 (9-in) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11-oz) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups Bothwell Red Hot Chili Pepper, shredded
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion, including green tops
- In a saucepan, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat.
- Drain fat and stir in ½ cup of the salsa; set aside.
- Spread 1/3 cup of rice on the centre of a tortilla, leaving a ½ inch border.
- Scatter about 2 Tbsp of beans and 1½ Tbsp of corn over rice.
- Spread ⅓ cup of the beef mixture and ¼ cup of cheese over corn.
- Top with 2 tsp of the salsa and a few pieces of green onion.
- Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla, one inch each, and roll up.
- Place, seam side down, on a baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place burritos in a microwave oven and heat 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve with remaining salsa.