Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
- 8 Small (6”) tortillas
- 1 cup Bothwell Habanero with Cracked Black Pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 lb Lean ground beef
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 cup Grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup Red onion
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Juice from 1 lime
Additional Toppings: Sour cream, avocado slices or refried beans.
- Prepare the Pineapple Salsa: In a medium bowl combine pineapple, tomatoes, red onion, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Prepare the Meat Mixture: Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring often – about 8-10 minutes. Drain juices or fat if required.
- Meanwhile, combine salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and cumin in a small bowl. Add to cooked ground beef with the water and stir until beef is thoroughly coated.
- Build your taco: Add ground beef to a tortilla and top with shredded cheese, pineapple salsa, lettuce, and other toppings as desired.