Recipe Creator: Chef Ben Kramer
A customized Mac 'n Cheese with yummy toppings and Bothwell Sliced Cheese melted on top!
- 1 lb Nature’s Farm Macaroni, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Grainy mustard (Smak Dab)
- 5 cups Bothwell Extra Old Cheddar, grated
- Toppings of your choice (ie: Bacon bits, diced tomato, chopped green onions, avocado, mushrooms, chorizo, peppers...really what ever you want!)
- Bothwell cheese slices, assorted (Jalapeño Monterey Jack, Extra Old Cheddar, Medium Cheddar, Red Hot Chili Pepper, Horseradish Cheddar, or Smoked Gouda)
- Cook pasta in salted water until tender and drain.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pot.
- Add flour and cook while stirring constantly to form a roux.
- Slowly add milk whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add whipping cream and continue to cook until thick; 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in mustard , salt and pepper to taste.
- Add grated cheese a little bit at a time, stirring to incorporate.
- Combine cooked pasta and cheese sauce.
- Place macaroni mixture into 4 individual ovenproof dishes.
- Add desired toppings.
- Top with Bothwell Cheese slice of your choice and broil (or torch!) until bubbling and melty.