Recipe Creator: Chef D
This fancy Black Truffle Burger made by Chef D is no ordinary burger. It's topped with our premium Black Truffle Monterey Jack, caramelized onions, and mushrooms for one delicious and decadent burger.
- 1½ lbs. of medium ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 thick slices of Bothwell Black Truffle Monterey Jack
- Salt and pepper
- 4 fresh buns
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cremini or button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Mix ground beef, egg, and a little salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. May be done well ahead of time.
- Slice cheese and place to one side.
- Roll the meat into balls, all about the same size. Flatten out into a patty shape and either pop onto the BBQ or cook in a fry pay over medium heat.
- Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes (3 to 3.5 min on each side).
- Once your burger has an internal temp of 170 to 180 move the burgers to a cooler part of the BBQ or remove from stove top. Add cheese. Leave on BBQ till melted and place on your prepared bun.
- If you are cooking on the stove top you can slip your fry pan with the cheese into a preheated oven of 300 for about 3 min till cheese is soft.
Onions & Mushrooms:
- Heat 2 pans over med/low heat. You can do it in one pan but keep a close eye not to cook too fast.
- Add butter to pan and melt, add sliced onions. The secret to great caramelized onions is low and slow. It brings out the natural sugars. Once the onions have started to turn opaque add the mushrooms, stirring occasionally. Onions are finished when they are golden brown, and your mushroom edges look the same. Set aside.
- Add your sautéed mushrooms and onions to the top of the burger with melted Black Truffle Cheese.
CAUTION: No other condiments required
Burgers: If your temperature is too high and your burgers cook too fast on the outside finish them in the oven at preheated 350.
Mushrooms: Don’t crowd your mushrooms. They like lots of room to brown beautifully.
Onions: Low and slow!!!