Black Truffle Risotto
Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
Impress your guests with this gourmet side. Made with our Black Truffle Monterey Jack, this rich and creamy risotto is truly decadent.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 lb. Arborio rice
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Black Truffle Monterey Jack, grated
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and season with salt & pepper.
- Sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
- Add the stock and garlic.
- Bring liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the rice and simmer for 18 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the mixture is creamy and bubbly.
- Add the butter, cream, cheese and chives.
- Re-season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 minutes and serve immediately.
- Garnish with additional chives (optional).