Black Truffle Fondue
Combine white wine and Black Truffle Cheese in a fondue sauce, and your guests might just start wondering where you went to cooking school.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped shallots
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups Bothwell Black Truffle, shredded
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over gentle heat.
- Cook shallots until soft.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add whipping cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Mix shredded cheese with cornstarch and add, stirring constantly until all of the cheese is melted.
- Hold over low heat in a double boiler/fondue pot.
- Be careful not to boil the fondue once the cheese is added.