Horseradish and beef – together forever! This salad is the perfect combo of flavours and textures.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp grainy Dijon
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp creamed honey
- 3 heads heart of romaine, chopped
- 1 lb beef strip loin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 ½ cups Bothwell Horseradish Cheddar, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the dressing, whisk together ¼ of the oil into the grainy mustard.
- Add ¼ of the vinegar and the garlic.
- Continue to alternate between the oil and vinegar until both are gone.
- Stir in the honey, and season to taste.
- Sauté the beef and onions in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing and place in a large salad dish or in 6 individual bowls.
- Arrange the cucumber and tomato wedges around the salad.
- Place beef and onions on top and garnish with cheese.