If you like cheese curds, try these breaded and deep-fried cheese curds. You can prep and freeze a big batch in advance, then fry up what you need.
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs, extra fine
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 kg Bothwell SqueaK’rs (White or Coloured)
- Beat eggs and salt together.
- Put flour in a separate container.
- Mix breadcrumbs and garlic in a third container.
- Roll 5-8 SqueaK'rs in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip them in egg and drain.
- Roll them in breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Dip them into egg mixture again, drain and then roll them into breadcrumbs a second time until coated.
- Repeat procedure until all curds are breaded twice.
- Spread out breaded curds on baking sheets and freeze.
- Deep fry from frozen at 375 degrees F for approximately 90 seconds.
- Drain and serve.