Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
The whole family is going to love this warm and comforting rice casserole topped with aged Cheddar cheese, tart cranberry sauce and toasted almonds.
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp each chopped fresh thyme and rosemary
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 cups shredded (approximately two 170g blocks) Bothwell Extra Old Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked wild rice mix
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets, roasted
- 2 cups chopped trimmed green beans, blanched
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced natural almonds
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9 inch casserole with butter. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together cream, broth, onion, Dijon, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup cheese, rice, cauliflower and green beans. Scrape into prepared dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbling around edges and cheese is melted.
- Set oven to high broil; broil for 3 to 5 minutes for a golden brown topping.
- Dollop cranberry sauce over top. Sprinkle with almonds and chives. Let cool slightly.