Recipe Creator: Chef Natascha West-Massey
Roast beef finds the perfect companion in these sliders made with our Extra Old White Cheddar topped with onions and mushrooms.
- 175g shaved roast beef
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 185g button mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp butter (salted)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup red cooking wine
- Whole grain mustard
- Balsamic glaze (reduction)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 butter-topped dinner rolls
- Bothwell Extra Old White Cheddar, Lactose Free Old Cheddar, or Lactose Free 18 Month Old Cheddar, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sliced onion, stirring occasionally until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze pan with red cooking wine to mixture. Reduce to low heat and simmer until wine is completely reduced. Remove from heat.
- Cut slider buns in half. Toast opened buns on a lined cookie sheet with parchment paper for 2-3 minutes. Pull buns out of oven, remove top buns from pan and set aside. Spread desired amount of grainy mustard on bottom bun (approx. ½ tsp on each bun).
- Place one ounce of shaved roast beef on bottom bun. Top beef with approximately two teaspoons of sautéed mushrooms and onions, and one slice of Bothwell Extra Old White Cheddar cheese on top of slider filling. Bake in oven for five minutes or until desired melt.
- Pull sliders out of the oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Place top buns on top. Plate and serve.