Recipe Creator: Bothwell Cheese
- Puff pastry
- 2 (227g) container whipped cream cheese
- 1 red pepper, thinly diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 package ham
- 1 (250g) jar sliced jalapeños, minced
- ½ cup Bothwell Muenster, shredded
- ½ cup Bothwell Mild Cheddar, shredded
- Cut green onions, red pepper, and if you like, add some jalapenos. Shred both cheeses.
- Open puff pastry and cut into rectangles.
- Using a butter knife spread a generous layer of the whipped cream cheese on each rectangle of puff pastry. Chop up ham into bits and sprinkle on the cream cheese layer of each piece. On each of the rectangles sprinkle a ¼ of the amounts of green onions, red peppers and if like, add some jalapenos. Sprinkle 1/8 cup each of Mild Cheddar and Muenster on each rectangle.
- Roll rectangles into a long log, press the end edge of the roll to create a seal. Cut each log into 6-7 pieces.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and place all the cut pieces on the sheet with the cut sides up, approximately one inch apart.
- Place in oven at 375°F (190°C) and bake for 10 minutes with one cookie sheet on the top rack and one on the bottom. Rotate the sheets and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until a deep golden colour is achieved. Serve warm.