Recipe Creator: Chef D
This is a thick and hearty soup perfect for cold winter months. Savoury and delicious, it's made with our Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack that adds a little spicy and a lot of flavour.
- 2 cartons of your favourite store-bought low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (approx. 8 cups)
- 1 potato, small diced
- 2 carrots, small diced
- 2 stalks celery, small diced
- 2 onions, small diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
- ½ lb. of cooked ground beef
- 2 cups Sunny Dog Spicy Dill Pickle Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- ¼ dill pickle brine
- Dill pickle thinly sliced for finishing
- Pinch of dill (optional)
- Warm 2 tbsp. of butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Sauté all hard vegetables.
- Just before the butter is soaked up add the garlic and black pepper.
- When the vegetables start to stick a little to the pot add a little of the broth (3-4 tbsp.). Cook a few minutes and when the liquid is just about gone slowly add the rest of the broth.
- Cook this for 30 minutes at a gentle boil.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Add the cream cheese and the shredded cheese (reserve about ¼ cup for finishing).
- Once all the cheese is added, the easy way, use an emulsion blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cooked ground beef.
- Heat until beef is warm.
- Pour into soup bowls and finish with remaining shredded cheese and dill pickle. If you are using the dill, put a sprig on now.