What’s another name for chicken fingers? Cheesy chicken crunchers! Our take on this popular snack is baked, not fried, so it’s healthier than its deep-fried cousin.
- 1 cup Spelt or whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp Salt and pepper
- 4 Egg whites
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Bothwell Medium Cheddar, shredded
- 6 Chicken breast filets, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Set up three bowls with the following: 1) flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper; 2) an egg wash; made by beating the eggs and milk together; 3) panko bread crumbs mixed with cheese.
- Coat a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with olive oil.
- Dip chicken pieces in the seasoned flour, then into the egg wash.
- Then roll them in the cheesy panko mixture, coating the entire piece of chicken and placing it on the baking pan. (Discard any unused panko mixture after coating chicken).
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even browning.