Why not try something different for your next homemade pizza night? Swap the tomato sauce for this decadent white cheese sauce. With a creamy texture and peppery profile, it's sure to be a welcome change. You can even try substituting one of our other flavoured varieties, such as Jalapeño Monterey Jack, Black Truffle or Red Hot Chili Pepper!
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp oregano, dried
- 1 cup Bothwell Madagascar Green Peppercorn, shredded
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, sauté until soft.
- Add flour, stir until thoroughly mixed and a dough-like mixture forms.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Slowly whisk in milk to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheese. NOTE: Sauce will thicken upon standing.