Bothwell’s own Chef John takes you through a step-by-step approach in making a better Mac and Cheese recipe, using Bothwell's original SNACK'RS. This warm and comforting meal is perfect for any occasion and it is an ultimate kid's favourite.
• ¼ cup Butter
• 2 ½ tbsp All-purpose flour
• 3 cups Milk
• 2 tbsp Butter, melted
• ½ cup Crushed Pretzels
• 1 Pinch Paprika
• ½ cup Diced Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease Casserole Dish.
- Cook macaroni according to package. Once cooked and drained, add to a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly until the sauce is a little thick*. Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour sauce over macaroni in a large bowl, add Old Cheddar grated cheese and SNACK'RS, mix well.
- Fill Casserole Dish with Macaroni and Cheese mixture Top with crushed pretzels, drizzle with melted butter, and sprinkle with a pinch of paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a dark crust forms around the edges, let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Recipe Tip: It is important that the roux be warm when you add your liquid. Too hot or too cold can both cause problems, leading to lumpy results.