Recipe Creator: Chef John
Bothwell’s own Chef John shares the secrets of grilling a better Bothwell burger.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp onion power
- 4 Bothwell Cheese slices (8 if you want to double up!)
- 4 Brioche buns
- Toppings of choice
- Ice cream scoop
- Hamburger patty press
- Meat thermometer
- Preheat barbecue to 400°F
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground chuck, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion ½ lb (220g) – about two scoops, of ground chuck mixture into patty press to form burgers.
- Gently place burgers onto the hot barbecue. Grill burgers, with the lid open, for 5 minutes on each side or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Place the cheese slices on the burgers and turn off the grill. Remove from the barbecue once the cheese is melted.
- Place the burgers onto Brioche buns and dress with desired toppings, like avocado, tomato, pea shoots, pickled onions, grainy mustard etc.