Recipe Creator: Chef John
This fresh Caprese salad looks as good as it tastes! We've subbed out traditional mozzarella for our Squeak'rs White Cheese Curds. Serve with some toasty baguette for a nice light meal.
- 436g grape tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- Small baguette
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 124g Squeak'rs White Curds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of garlic salt
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Balsamic glaze
- Rinse and pat dry tomatoes with a paper towel.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut baguette in half and spread with butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt and place under broiler.
- Cut basil into thin strips.
- Mix the tomatoes, cheese curds, and basil in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze. You can adjust the olive oil and balsamic to taste.
- Remove baguette from broiler after 5-7 minutes and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Top salad with a nice pinch of kosher salt.