Recipe Creator: Chef John
Bothwell’s own Chef John shares the secrets of a mouth-watering Parmesan Chicken Sandwich recipe
2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut in 1/2 butterflied approx. 5 onces each.
- 16 T Bothwell Parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
Cheese for top
- 68 g parmesan cheese roughly 17g per chicken breast.
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 4 crusty Italian buns or a baguette cut in 4
- Basil and Italian parsley for garnish
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Toss 4 T of parmesan cheese with seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Butterfly chicken breast 1/2 inch thickness. Dredge in flour, salt & pepper coat both sides shake off excess. Dip in egg and then breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and no longer pink 4 -5 minutes per side. ** proper food safety internal temperature 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Ladle warm sauce on Italian bread Place cooked chicken on sauce and 17 g of parmesan cheese on chicken cook in oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melty and the tortilla nicely toasted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with basil chiffonade and Italian parsley.