Recipe Creator: Chef John
Bothwell’s own Chef John shares the secrets of creating mouth-watering Prosciutto & Oven Roasted Balsamic Tomato Flatbread.
- Dough ball 8oz ** Tip if you have a great recipe make some extra dough to freeze for another day.
- 3 T Basil Pesto
- 4 oz Bothwell Mozzarella, shredded
- 5 Oven roasted balsamic tomato wheels
- 3 Thin slices of Prosciutto
- 1 Handful of Arugula
- If you have a pizza stone place it in the middle of the oven. Heat oven to 550 degrees F. Let heat in oven for thirty minutes.
- Place ground semolina on the surface you will be working your dough. Roll or stretch dough 10 inches in diameter.
- Spread the pesto on the dough leave about a 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Place 3/4 of the cheese on the pesto about 1/2 inch from the edge. The reserved cheese will go on once the toppings are all in place.
- Tear Prosciutto into smaller pieces and space out evenly.
- Place and arrange the roasted tomato wheels on the flat bread and sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.
- Use a pizza peel with semolina to transfer the flatbread to the pizza stone.
- Bake the flatbread until the edges are browned and the cheese is bubbly and browned. 6 to 7 minutes.
- take the flatbread out of the oven cut and sprinkle the arugula on the flatbread.